KATE SHAW, LCSW
direct line: 503-902-1559
Kate is currently doing only telehealth sessions.
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
I received my Bachelors in Psychology and Art from Bucknell University in 2005. After working for CASA, a foster child mentor program, I decided to pursue my masters in social welfare at University of California, Berkeley, graduating in 2010. Since becoming a social worker, I have had the opportunity to work in child welfare, substance treatment centers, eating disorder treatment as well as in various medical social work settings including gastroenterology and kidney transplant. A constant thread though my work has been helping individuals explore how to live with more self compassion and insight despite trauma, mental health, chronic health conditions, life transitions and other life stressors. I bring empathy, humor and empowerment to my work as well as various modalities to ensure therapy is the right fit for your needs.
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication & Boundaries
- Body Image & Self Esteem
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Disordered Eating & Eating Disorders
- Pregnancy and Post-Partum Issues
- Trauma (not DID)
I work with ages 18 and up in individual therapy.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Intuitive Eating
- Motivational Interviewing
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS