MELINA LARKIN, LCSW
503-709-5137 ext. 24
direct line: 503-902-1430
Melina is currently doing all telehealth.
If you have questions about insurance or other billing matters, please contact Conner: [email protected] or 503-709-5137 ext. 1.
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
I received my Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of California, Berkeley in 2005. After interning in a domestic violence shelter and a brief time living in Mexico City I earned my Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington in 2012 with a specialization in Integrated Health and Mental Health Practice. Since 2005 I have worked in shelters, a crisis hotline, the legal system, hospice, residential eating disorder treatment, emergency departments and in inpatient neonatal and pediatric hospital units. Throughout my career I have focused on trauma and supporting survivors of abuse or assault in their healing. Prior to joining Brave Acorn I worked in a partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient eating disorder program providing individual, group, and family therapy. I specialize in how eating disorders and trauma interplay together, and how they can impact issues of identity, relationships, and feeling in control of your own life. I am proudly out as a Queer Femme, and love helping others explore issues of gender, sexuality, relationships, and identity. My goal is to support you in living a life that is authentic, grounded, and joyful.
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Abuse and Trauma
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication and Boundaries
- Body Image Issues
- Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating
- Gender and Sexuality
- LGBTQ+ Community
- Sex and Intimacy (including non-monogamy and kink)
- Sense of Self / Identity Exploration
I work with adults (age 18 and up) in individual therapy.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Language of Emotions
- Systems of Oppression
- Empowerment Theory
- Stages of Change
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS:
- I can also bill for “out of network benefits” for other insurances not listed (except OHP) if you have them