MOLLY STERLING, LPC
503-709-5137, ext. 36
direct line: 503-658-9225
Molly will be taking new clients starting December 2022. She will be doing primarily telehealth and a limited number of in-person sessions from our westside office (1675 SW Marlow Ave, Suite 315, Portland, OR 97225). Mask wearing is optional after 4/3/23, but required if you have any symptoms (even if you think it might just be allergies).
If you have questions about insurance or other billing matters, please contact Trevor: [email protected] or 971-314-9402.
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from The Evergreen State College, with a primary focus on fine art. I completed a Masters Degree in Art Therapy Counseling from Marylhurst University in 2011. I have been practicing clinically since 2012, in both community mental health and outpatient group practice settings. I have been a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Oregon since 2015.
I work primarily with adult clients in individual therapy, but have experience with group therapy as well. I specialize in developmental/complex trauma, and am trained in somatic and attachment-focused EMDR as a trauma-processing modality. In addition to EMDR, I utilize person-centered, strengths-based approaches, mindfulness, DBT, compassion-focused therapy, and expressive arts therapies in my work with clients.
I believe in the power of connection and curiosity, and I strive to meet clients with compassion, wherever they are on their healing journeys. I am committed to providing therapy that is collaborative, responsive, and affirming.
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication and Boundaries
- Life Transitions
- Parenting Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma (not DID)
- Women’s Issues
I work with ages 18 and older in individual therapy.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX
- Art Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Polyvagal Theory and various somatic modalities
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS
- I am still in the process of getting credentialed with Aetna (and can bill them for out-of-network until that credentialing process is completed)
- I can also bill for “out of network benefits” for other insurances not listed (except EAP, OHP, Medicare, or Medicaid) if you have them.