NICOLE SMITH-JUAREZ, LPC
503-709-5137, ext. 23
direct line: 971-264-3119
Nicole will be taking new clients starting October 2022. She will be doing telehealth and a limited number of in-person sessions from our eastside office (2512 SE 25th Ave, Suite 305, Portland, OR 97202). Mask wearing is optional after 4/3/23, but required if you have any symptoms (even if you think it might just be allergies).
If you have questions about insurance or other billing matters, please contact Conner: [email protected] or 503-709-5137 x1.
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Assumption College with a major in Psychology. I worked with non profits and spent some time working in Mexico from 2012 to 2015. In 2017 I graduated from Boston College with a Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling. I have worked as a clinician in an outpatient mental health setting, a public high school, and a subacute care setting for crisis stabilization for children and adolescents. I enjoy providing care that is personalized and collaborative in nature.
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE
- Anxiety and Depression
- Identity Exploration for Youth
- Immigration Issues (particularly from Latin America)
- Trauma (not DID)
I work with ages 14 and older in individual therapy.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma Focused CBT (TF-CBT)
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS
- I can also bill for “out of network benefits” for other insurances not listed (except EAP, OHP, medicare, or medicaid) if you have them