VALENTINA PISHCHANSKAYA-CAYANAN, LMFT
503-709-5137 ext. 22
direct line: 503-487-2490
Valentina is currently doing all telehealth.
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
I received my Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2011 and began working with individuals in the community as a psychosocial rehab specialist. I graduated with my Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy in 2015. I have been a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Oregon since 2018. Throughout my experience I have provided individual and group therapy in educational and agency settings. My work has largely focused on teens and adults and helping them navigate through various challenges including anxiety, depression, family issues, LGBTQ issues, life stage transitions, and trauma. I am also able to do therapy in Russian and enjoy working with issues around multicultural challenges (first generation, immigration, cultural identity).
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Multicultural Challenges (first generation, immigration, cultural identity)
- Stages of Life Transitions
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Issues
- Trauma (but not DID)
- Women’s Issues
- Able to do therapy in Russian as well as English
I work teens and adults (ages 16 and up) in individual counseling. I work with couples that want help navigating changes or differences who don’t involve high interpersonal conflict.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Humanistic Approach
- Language of Emotions
- Solution Focused
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS:
- I can also bill for “out of network benefits” for other insurances not listed (except OHP) if you have them