Brave Acorn currently has an opening for an Oregon-licensed mental health therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD, or PsyD) to provide outpatient individual counseling services within a group-practice setting in the Beaverton area (near where Hwy 217 and Hwy 26 intersect). This can be a part-time employee position (10-19 clinical hours across at least 2 days) or full-time employee position (20-30 clinical hours across at least 3 days). You will be paid a percentage of fees collected rather than a salary (this translates to $45-85 per client hour). We currently have space for you to see clients on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday mornings (our case consultation day), Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays.
Please apply if you have:
- Training (or willingness to get training within at least 6 months of hire) in at least one trauma modality such as EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Cognitive Processing Therapy, etc.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Health at Every Size approach to body/food/weight issues.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Language of Emotions approach to helping clients work with their emotions as allies.
Why work with Brave Acorn?
In working with Brave Acorn, you get all the benefits of private practice without the isolation or responsibility of running a business. You get to focus your energies on seeing clients and receive free onsite case consultation. This may be an ideal situation for clinicians who are at agencies and ready to get into private practice but aren’t ready to take on the responsibility of starting a business, or for clinicians who have been in private practice a while and want to keep up the clinical work but are tired of managing the business side of things.
Starting in 2020, Brave Acorn will provide comprehensive health insurance and a 401k plan for clinicians who see at least 20 clients per week.
Who is Brave Acorn?
We at Brave Acorn Counseling help people in the Beaverton and the greater Portland area align body, mind, and emotions. We are trauma-trained, take a Health at Every Size approach to food and weight, and assist people in learning the Language of Emotions. We help people develop strong roots for personal growth and welcome people of all sizes, races, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
What Brave Acorn needs from you:
- To be a skilled therapist.
- To be licensed in the state of Oregon.
- To be trained and practiced in working with individual adults.
- To enjoy consulting regularly with colleagues.
- To be ethically sound, with a good reputation and references to match.
- To be easy to work with and confident in your abilities.
Bonus points for:
- Ability to adeptly work with diverse populations and/or other languages.
- Having experience (and enjoying working with) children, adolescents, families, and/or couples.
- Having experience (and enjoying working with) clients who have eating disorders, chronic medical conditions, sleep disorders, ADD/ADHD, addictions, codependency, OCD, and/or grief and loss issues.
- Already having clinical specialties (particularly EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, DBT, RO-DBT, Internal Family Systems, and/or Art Therapy).
- Already being credentialed with insurance panels.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Sarah Alexander at email@example.com that includes the date you could start and the hours you would be available to work weekdays and/or weekends. Please note that, upon hire, your start date will depend upon becoming paneled with insurance companies (we are in-network with MODA and Kaiser). This may take 2-3 months and we won’t be able to fill up your case load until that is done.