Brave Acorn Counseling currently has an opening for an Oregon-licensed mental health therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD, or PsyD) to provide counseling services for individual adults. This is a part-time employee position (at least 10 clinical hours across at least 2 days) in an outpatient group practice setting in the Beaverton area. You will be paid a percentage of fees collected rather than a salary.
Please apply if you have:
- Experience (and are passionate about) working with individual adults addressing issues around body/food/weight and trauma.
- Training (or willingness to get training within at least 6 months of hire) in at least one trauma modality such as EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, etc.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Health at Every Size approach to body/food/weight issues.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Language of Emotions approach to helping clients work with their emotions as allies.
Why work with Brave Acorn Counseling?
In working with Brave Acorn, you get all the benefits of private practice, without the isolation and the hassle of the business side of things. You get to focus your energies on seeing clients and receive free onsite case consultation.
Who is Brave Acorn?
We at Brave Acorn Counseling help people in the Beaverton and the greater Portland area align body, mind, and emotions. We are trauma-trained, take a Health at Every Size approach to food and weight, and help people learn the Language of Emotions. We help people develop strong roots for personal growth and welcome people of all sizes, races, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
What Brave Acorn needs from you:
- To be a skilled therapist.
- To be licensed in the state of Oregon.
- To be trained and practiced in working with individual adults.
- To enjoy consulting regularly with colleagues.
- To be ethically sound, with a good reputation and references to match.
- To be easy to work with and confident in your abilities.
Bonus points for:
- Ability to adeptly work with diverse populations and/or other languages.
- Having experience (and enjoying working with) children, adolescents, families, and/or couples.
- Having experience (and enjoying working with) clients who have eating disorders, chronic medical conditions, sleep disorders, ADD/ADHD, addictions, codependency, OCD, and/or grief and loss issues.
- Already having clinical specialties (particularly EMDR, DBT, Internal Family Systems, and/or Art Therapy).
- Already being credentialed with insurance panels.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Sarah Alexander at email@example.com that includes the date you could start and the hours you would be available to work weekdays and/or weekends.