Brave Acorn currently has an opening for an Oregon-licensed mental health therapist (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD, or PsyD) to provide outpatient individual counseling services within a group-practice setting in the Beaverton area (near where Hwy 217 and Hwy 26 intersect). This can be a part-time employee position (10-19 clinical hours across at least 2 days) or full-time employee position (20-30 clinical hours across at least 3 days). You will be paid a percentage of fees collected rather than a salary (this translates to $45-85 per client hour). We currently have space for you to see clients on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday mornings (our case-consultation day), Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays.
Please apply if you have:
- Training (or willingness to get training within at least 6 months of hire) in at least one trauma modality such as EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Cognitive Processing Therapy, etc.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Health at Every Size approach to body/food/weight issues.
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) a Language of Emotions approach to helping clients work with their emotions as allies.
- Experience in working with people within marginalized groups (examples include People of Color, People with Disabilities, Immigrants, Trans/Gender Non-Binary, Queer, and Fat people).
Why work with Brave Acorn?
In working with Brave Acorn, you get all the benefits of private practice without the isolation or responsibility of running a business. You get to focus your energies on seeing clients and receive free onsite case consultation. This may be an ideal situation for clinicians who 1) are currently working for an agency and ready to get into private practice but aren’t ready to take on the responsibility of starting a business, or 2) have been in private practice a while and want to keep up the clinical work but are tired of managing the business side of things.
Your job is to take good care of your clients. Brave Acorn’s job is to take good care of you so you can show up for your clients. Whether you are part-time or full-time, Brave Acorn is excited to offer you the following:
- Training in the Language of Emotions
- Weekly team case-consultation
- Retirement plan, matching up to 3% of your contribution
- W2 employer paid taxes
- 50% of your session fees (which translates to $45-85 per client hour)
- Paychecks every 2 weeks
- Fully furnished and decorated offices and waiting room
- Basic office supplies including the use of a printer/scanner/copier
- Credentialing with MODA and Kaiser
- Billing services
- TherapyNotes EHR
- HIPAA-secured phone number, voicemail, fax number, and email
- Liability insurance
For full-time employees, we also offer medical insurance with HSA, covered at 50% for the employee (at this time we are unable to cover any of the costs for dependents, but coverage for dependents is available).
Who is Brave Acorn?
Brave Acorn LLC is a group practice in the west hills of Portland near Beaverton (close to where Hwy 26 meets Hwy 217). Sarah Alexander, LCSW is the Owner and Lead Clinician and has been in private practice full-time since 2011. Sarah is well-established in Portland’s therapeutic community and has reliable referral sources. We provide individual outpatient counseling from a feminist, trauma-informed, emotion-attuned, health-at-every-size lens. We help people develop strong roots for personal growth and welcome people of all sizes, races, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We are seeking people who value and work from a Social Justice lens.
What Brave Acorn needs from you:
- To have solid clinical skills.
- To have an active and unrestricted license in the state of Oregon.
- To be trained and practiced in working with individual adults.
- To enjoy consulting regularly with colleagues.
- To have a good reputation and references to match.
- To be punctual.
- To be honest, ethical, and utilize good communication skills.
- To reliably complete all your paperwork (notes, treatment plans, intake assessments, care coordination, termination reports) by the Sunday following each client encounter.
- To be easy to work with and confident in your abilities.
- To be willing to learn and grow professionally.
Bonus points for:
- Ability to adeptly work with diverse populations and/or other languages.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, families, and/or couples.
- Experience working with clients who are involved in a variety of sexual practices and partnership agreements.
- Experience working with clients who have eating disorders, chronic medical conditions, sleep disorders, ADD/ADHD, addictions, codependency, OCD, and/or grief and loss issues.
- Established therapeutic orientations (particularly EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, DBT, RO-DBT, Internal Family Systems, and/or Art Therapy).
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Already being credentialed with MODA, PacificSource, and/or Kaiser.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Sarah Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the date you would like to start and the hours you would be available to work weekdays, evenings, and/or weekends.
Please note that, upon hire, your start date will depend upon becoming paneled with insurance companies (we are in-network with MODA and Kaiser). This may take 2-3 months and we won’t be able to fill up your case load until that is done.