KATIE KOTSOVOS, LPC
503-709-5137 ext. 28
MY EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
I received my Bachelor’s Degree in English and Writing from Portland State University in 2009. After that, I spent time working in the office of a criminal defense attorney where I developed a deeper understanding of systemic inequities and the need for greater mental health services in our community. That led me to study counseling at Lewis & Clark College. I graduated with a Master’s in Counseling Psychology in 2015. Since then I have had the incredible experience of working with folks across the spectrum of mental health care, including residential care for dual-diagnosis (both addiction and mental health) issues, inpatient for acute stabilization, intensive outpatient for general mental health, and day treatment for eating disorders. My passion lies in creating a safe space and collaborative relationship where folks can celebrate their authentic selves, process traumatic experiences and strengthen skills to cope with the challenges of being human. Some of my favorite therapeutic things are mindfulness, self-compassion, and challenging systems of body-based oppression.
MY SPECIALTY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication and Boundaries
- Body Image Issues
- Disordered Eating & Eating Disorders
- Stress Management
- Trauma (but not DID)
I work with adults (age 18 and up) in individual therapy.
TOOLS IN MY THERAPEUTIC TOOLBOX:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Health at Every Size
- Intuitive Eating
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Exposure Therapy
I AM IN-NETWORK WITH THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE PANELS:
- I am currently in the process of getting credentialed with Aetna and Pacificsource.
- I can bill insurance companies if you have out-of-network benefits.